Dated as of October 17, 2015
1. The Information Pammies Collects
When you visit the Site, you may be invited to provide personal information in order to receive additional information from Pammies or the Site. This information may include information that personally identifies you, such as your name, e-mail address, and Facebook username or other account registration information (personally identifiable information or “PII”). The Site may also collect other information when you visit the Site that does not personally identify you, such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, your IP address, and your device identifiers (non-personally identifiable information or “non-PII”). Such information is sometimes collected to improve the design and content of the Site or analyze site usage.
A. Personally Identifiable Information
As a general matter, you can browse the Site without submitting your personally identifiable information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may supply us with your personally identifiable information. The following lists the most common ways in which we may collect your personally identifiable information.
- Registration for an account on the Site or creating a user profile
- Request for customer service or other assistance
- Sign up to receive e-mail newsletters or e-mail alerts from us
- Sign up to receive e-mail offers from Pammies or Pammies partners
- Participation in surveys, panels, or market research
- Participation in special events and promotions
- Entry in contests or sweepstakes
- Participation on social media accounts involving Pammies and/or our Site
- Submission of user generated content on any part of the Site that permits it
- Any other place on the Site where you knowingly volunteer personally identifiable information
B. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information From or Through Social Media Sites
When you interact with Pammies on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Pinterest, we may collect the personally identifiable information that you make available to us on that page or account including your account ID or username. However, we will comply with the privacy policies of the corresponding social media platform and we will only collect and store such personally identifiable information that we are permitted to collect by these social media platforms. If you choose to link or login to your Pammies account with or through a social networking service, Pammies and that service may share certain information about you and your activities. With your consent, we also may share information about your activities through your applicable social media account, including what you view on the Site.
C. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
In addition, when you interact with the Site, we may collect certain information that does not identify you individually and our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of our Site (“non-personally identifiable information” or “non-PII”). Generally, we collect and store the following categories of non-personally identifiable information:
- Demographic data such as age and gender. This may also include the number of guests on the Site. The Site may post such information in the aggregate on the Site or provide such information to third parties.
- Device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Site. This information may include IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- Usage information about your use of the Site. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you a more customized experience on the Site.
- Additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses.
- Your search terms and search results on the Site, as well as other information regarding your use of the Site.
D. Collection of Your Source IP Address / Location Information
We collect and store your device’s source IP address which may disclose the general location of your device at the time you access the Site. Advertisements and certain content may be directed to you as a result of this data.
In addition, in some cases the Site can deliver content based on your current location if you choose to enable that feature. If you enable that feature, your current location will be stored locally on your device which will be used by the Site to serve you certain content tied to your location. If you elect to have your location-based searches saved to your history, we will store such information on our servers.
E. Collection of Personally and Non-Personally Identifiable Information From Other Sources
We also may collect and store information about you that we receive from other sources and from our offline interactions with you to enable us to verify, update and correct the information contained in our database and to better customize your experience on the Site, among other purposes.
2. How Pammies Uses Your Information
We may use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Site. We may use your personally and non-personally identifiable information in the following ways:
A. General Uses
- Provide you with the content, products and services you request
- Post your user generated content to our Site, as you request
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features and enhancements on or to our Site
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies
- Communicate with you about your comment to a story or topic
- Personalize content and experiences on our Site, including providing you recommendations based on your preferences
- Send you newsletters, offers and promotions for our products and services, third party products and services, or special events by e-mail, text, or other another medium
- Provide you with advertising including advertising based on your activity on our Site or activity on third party sites and applications
- Administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Site and their purchasing patterns
B. Combination of Your Personally Identifiable Information
We may use the information from one portion of the Site on other portions of Site, and we may combine information gathered from multiple portions of the Site into a single user record. We may also use and/or combine information that we collect off-line or we collect or receive from third party sources to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of your user records.
3. Information Shared With Third Parties
Pammies retains the right to transfer your personal information to a successor in interest pursuant to a change of control of the Site or a sale of all or substantially all of the Site’s assets.
We may disclose or share non-personally identifiable information (or other information, other than personally identifiable information) in any other manner that we deem appropriate or necessary, as described below.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your web browser to decline cookies, some features of the Site may not work or may not work as designed. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may also use web beacons. A web beacon is an invisible graphic on a web page that is programmed to collect non-personally identifiable information about your use of a given website. We do not share or provide personally identifiable information we may collect through such web beacons, such as names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers without your express permission.
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on the Site may be served by unaffiliated third parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers and application providers. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. To learn more about the use of this information or to choose not to have this information used by our third party advertising partners by opting out, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.aboutads.info/ or the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
5. Protecting Your Information
We are concerned about ensuring the security of your personally identifiable information and take reasonable security measures to protect such information. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personally identifiable information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
You need to help protect the privacy of your own information. You must take precautions to protect the security of any personally identifiable information that you may transmit over any home networks, wireless routers, wireless (WiFi) networks or similar devices. You are responsible for the security of your information when using unencrypted, open access or otherwise unsecured networks. It is also important to remember that comments submitted may be recorded and stored in multiple places, both on the Site and elsewhere on the Internet. It is therefore important that you are careful and selective about the personal information that you disclose about yourself and others, and in particular, you should not disclose sensitive, embarrassing, proprietary or confidential information to Pammies or on the Site.
6. Opt-Out Provisions
You may opt-out of having your personally identifiable information shared with business partners and third parties by contacting email@example.com.
You may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail marketing messages and newsletters from Pammies. You may opt-out of receiving communications from us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age and Pammies does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, do not provide personal information to Pammies without providing us with consent from your parents. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information and we do not have parental consent, Pammies will immediately delete that child’s information from the Site. If you believe that Pammies has been provided with the personal information of a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
8. Contacting the Site